American Sports Car website is dedicated to Rex Orr, who founded American Sports Car in 1979.
Welcome to the Stinger Fiberglass Designs, Inc; home of the American Sports Car website. We are home of the most extensive catalogs and online selection of aftermarket fiberglass parts for Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pontiac and Trucks. We carry a vast line of hoods, bumpers, fenders, front/rear ends, scoops and much more to help get your project off the ground.
Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, racing, or customizing your new ride, we ARE the place to shop for your Custom Fiberglass Aftermarket Parts. All our light weight, fiberglass products are made by hand right here in central Florida, USA! Our engineered parts are made by experienced craftsman who pay close attention to detail. These men and women take pride in the products they build to ensure the detailed part complements your vehicle’s inner design, giving it that outstanding look every car enthusiast craves.
The hand laid fiberglass parts are strong and durable. Each Stinger Fiberglass mold has been painstakingly reproduced from the original body parts and has heavy reinforcements to ensure consistent quality and a superior fit. They are NOT built using a chopper gun as with cheaper imitations. Hand lamination is used to make every part here at Stinger Fiberglass. The gray gel coat finish is perfect for sanding, sealing and painting, which means minimal prep time.
At Stinger Fiberglass Designs we make fiberglass products for the classic car enthusiast and we use superior materials. Whether you are searching for something unique compared to other vehicles, or sticking with the classic factory look, the choice is yours.
Does it take a little longer to hand build? Absolutely! You get a quality handmade part to complete that baby you have been restoring for years. Does it cost a bit more? Of course. The price, well let’s just say it’s worth it! Of course, cheaper parts can be found, but that’s usually what you get…cheap parts.
We DO NOT and WILL NOT sell imported fiberglass parts and try to pass it as ASSEMBLED IN AMERICA so we can make a larger profit.
WE BUILD EVERYTHING WE SELL AND SELL EVERYTHING WE BUILD!
Here, MADE IN AMERICA means something! Honestly, you can’t ask for more than a Quality hand built American made part.
We ship your parts via freight carrier or ground service to your business or residence or you can pick up your order at our facility in Florida.
Call us today for further information and ordering: 321-268-1118
Thank you for your time in checking out our site.
Artie Schricker, Owner/Operator
- ALL parts are hand built to ensure quality resin to glass ratio, consistence in laminate thickness. (NO CHOPPER GUNS)
- All parts are made with a soft sanding gray gelcoat. This is to reduce the prep time at the body shop which equals less money spent.
- All parts are left in the mold for a minimum of 24 hours to ensure the resin cure cycle is achieved before parting the part from the mold which ensures that the part will not change its shape.
- Every part goes through a Quality Control process to check for any air voids or any other defects which equals repair eliminated on the customers end and less money spent in prep time.
- All sub assembled parts (hoods) are jig fitted while bonding to insure a proper fit.
- All hardware used is machined cut and tapped from 1/4 steel plates from our local machine shop. This will ensure your part has the quality hardware that you do not see. (No speed nuts imbedded in Bondo)
- We put a great deal effort to supply a great fitting product, but you should always PREFIT all parts before painting
Yes, there are less expensive products to purchase but remember, the $30.00 price difference you may be saving may not be justified when the prep time at the body shop is 2 hours @ $75.00 an hour due to an improper fitting part. We strive to produce an easy to install product to save you both time and money.
Our objective is to provide quality customer service to compliment our product line. Should our consumer have any question or concern with our product, we are always ready to assist.
We have done many of the same projects as you here at our facility. We have an extensive R&D shop where we develop and try out the parts on our own cars. You have our experience to use for your project. We aren’t just sales people trying to sell parts, we really know our parts inside and out. If you have any question on fiberglass parts, even if you do not purchase ours, feel free to give us a call. Restoring or customizing your dream car should be an enjoyable experience our experienced associates are here to assist you.